What is KappAhl doing to reduce its environmental impact?
At KappAhl we strive every day to reduce our negative impact on the environment.
This is what we do:
- We are working towards fossil fuel-free energy usage and are continually challenging ourselves to reduce our energy consumption in our stores and buildings, including using energy-efficient lighting and motion sensors.
- We are working to reduce the emission of greenhouse gases from our transportation and choosing eco-friendly alternatives for shipping our garments. We make strict sustainability demands on all carriers and are actively working to keep the proportion of transport by sea and rail high, and the proportion by road and air low. (More about how we’re working on eco-friendly transportation.)
- We cooperate with our suppliers and other fashion companies on collaborative projects to reduce the use of water, energy and chemicals in the manufacture of our clothing.
- We are expanding our sustainability labelled range all the time and our efforts include working with the Better Cotton Initiative organisation to make all cotton cultivation more sustainable.
- We are actively working to ensure that our clothing is produced with the minimal effect possible on people and the environment, for example by not accepting the presence of harmful chemicals.
- We are striving to increase the percentage of reclaimed and recycled waste. We have a high level of recycling in our stores and our distribution centre. We are working hard to advance the development of reclaimed and recycled textiles, via coooperation with other textile companies and through textile collection in our stores. We are collecting discarded textiles and shoes in all of our stores.